Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fortunate to be Women

Why do women want to dress like men when they’re fortunate enough to be women? Why lose our femininity which is one of our greatest charms? We get much more accomplished by being charming than we would by flaunting around in pants and smoking. I’m very fond of men. I Think they’re wonderful creatures. I love them dearly. But I don’t want to look like one. When women gave up their long skirts, they made a grave error. 
::Tasha Tudor:: 

I don't think that just because you wear pants means you are flaunting your body [although it is much easier]. But I thought this quote brought up a good point. Since feminism has started, there was been a downward spiral in a lack of feminine clothing. Kind of ironic, huh? Trust me, I am glad I can vote for myself and actually have rights, but many women have never even worn a skirt or dress. I find this quite sad, because I always feel so much better about the way I look in a flattering dress than in sweatpants and a hoodie. Women should be grateful for what they are. Beautiful, charming, lovely and gorgeous.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way saying that women who choose to dress in sweats are not women, or don't like wearing feminine clothes. I have a room-mate and best friend as living proof.

1 comment:

  1. wow girl thank you so much for sharing this. I will definitely be pondering it :)
    Blessings!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete