Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

dressing with dignity

So I have epicly failed at updating this blog. I posted something on my personal blog, and thought it would be welcomed here as well.


It has become commonplace for girls to be able to literally show every part of the body. When that person isn't us, we tend to gossip and go on about how short their skirt was, etc. But until we do something about it (dress classy ourselves) we really aren't doing anything worthwhile, are we? When you look at pictures sixty years ago, women dressed with class, beauty and dignity. Women Girls don't do that anymore. They wear miniskirts and tops that reveal more than some swimsuits. (which is a whole other topic-don't get me started. I am having enough trouble focusing) When you wear a dress that actually fits, people take notice. I remember this summer Mom and I were in town, and people would kept staring at us. I could practically hear their stares. When you dress with dignity, people notice. Yes, it might be uncomfortable, and yes, people might stare. (but I bet they are wishing they looked as put together as you) Do you really feel insulted when someone says you look like Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly? And for the guys, if any read this blog, would you take offense at being labeled a Cary Grant?






If you want to see the rest of the blog, click here.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. I try really hard to keep my clothes modest...heck, it's pretty rare to see me sans sleeves, and even at the beach, I wear a cover up. Not only do I personally feel good about it, but I feel good about other people seeing that not everyone feels like they have to show it all off.

    My weak point is that I am pretty curvy up top, and even something like those thin cotton t-shirts look immodest on me. So my closet is full of blouses and cardigans. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. People do notice when you don't dress like everyone else. We must set an example.

    CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Dressing with modesty, dignity and class is the most authentic way to lift your self-esteem via fashion. Authentic self-respect is powerful. People will most certainly take notice.

    You might like my last blog post at: http://opening-words.blogspot.com/
    I'd like to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete